Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions govern the way we do business, how we take and settle bets, and identify what you can expect from Rain Digital (T) Ltd, P.O.Box 32513, Dar Es Salaam (hereafter referred to as Mkekabet).
- 1.01The Law prohibits betting by persons under age of 18 and we may at any time ask you to confirm your age. Underage clients will have their accounts closed immediately and any balances forfeited. We may also suspend ANY account for any reason and ask you to come with Passport/ID to one of our offices or agents to prove age, and identity. Individuals suspecting underage gambling are encouraged to report this to us immediately on our customer service number +255 659 071 070 (Tigo) or via email to email@example.com
- 1.02 Your Tanzanian mobile phone number (+255) is your Customer identity. We use mobile phone numbers to uniquely identify customers and their account details. The Customer has sole responsibility to ensure that their security details remain confidential. Any transactions that have been placed by a user who is securely logged into the Customer's account will be the Customer's responsibility. If transactions are made via your phone by someone who is not the registered user, the registered user will remain liable for their transactions. We cannot do account transactions for accounts which are not identical to the phone number. This means that you cannot ask to be paid out on a different number other than the number you have placed a bet with and you cannot send money to us and request that this is placed in a different account.
- 1.03 For new players, account details & promotional messages pertaining to their account will be sent via sms from the point of first entry purchase.
- 1.04 Bets cannot be cancelled or changed once the bet has been recorded within our betting platform.
- 1.05 Mkekabet accepts bets made online, Mobi or SMS which for clarity includes the use of iphone, Android applications and early generation GSM phones. Bets are not accepted in any other form (telephone, email, fax, in person, etc.) and any bets received in these forms will be null and void.
- 1.06 Mkekabet cannot be held responsible for any delay or non-delivery of SMS communications through the Mobile Operator Networks.
- 1.07 Mkekabet reserves the right to refuse/cancel any bet or part of a bet before the game starts without providing any justification. Mkekabet also reserves the right to refuse/cancel any bet or part of a bet that is placed while a game is in progress if there is sufficient evidence that the Customer was placing a bet with prior knowledge of an event that would affect the accurate pricing of a market – for example, betting on the first-to-score market while the first goal is being scored
- 1.08 Mkekabet reserves the right to void any or all bets that have been made by any person or group of persons who are acting in an attempt to defraud us. If there is any evidence of a series of bets, each containing the same selection having been placed by or for the same individual or syndicate of individuals, Mkekabet reserves the right to make such bets void and suspend relevant accounts. This rule applies to both settled and unsettled bets.
- 1.09 Mkekabet reserves the right to void any bet that may have been accepted when the account did not have sufficient funds to cover the bet. If an account has insufficient funds as a result of a deposit that has been cancelled for whatever reason. Mkekabet reserves the right to cancel any bet that may have been accepted retroactively, and void any winnings paid to the Customer from those bets.
- 1.10 Should funds be credited to a Customer's account in error, it is the Customer's responsibility to notify Mkekabet of the error without delay. Any winnings subsequent to the error shall be deemed invalid and returned to Mkekabet. Mkekabet has the right to revert the transaction.
- 1.11 Mkekabet reserves the right to suspend or close Customer's accounts and void all settled and unsettled bets in the event that a Customer opens more than one account.
- 1.12 Any account will be classified as 'dormant' if there has been no activity on the account for a period of 3 months. Account activity includes making a deposit or withdrawal, or the placement of a bet; and does not include logging into your account.
- 1.13 Once a period of 3 months has passed without activity, all funds in the inactive player's account will be subject to the provisions of clause (1.14) below
- 1.14 To the extent permitted by law, Mkekabet reserves the right to deduct a dormant account maintenance and administration fee of Tzs 20000 (or equivalent) per month from an inactive or dormant account until such account is no longer in credit or has become active.
- 1.15 Bets will only be accepted up to the advertised start time. Any bet that is inadvertently accepted, which includes an event after its start time, the bet will be cancelled. If any portion of a multiple bet is inadvertently accepted then all parts of that multiple bet will be cancelled.
- 1.16 Multiple bets that combine different selections within the same event are not accepted where the outcome of one affects or is affected by the other. If such a bet is taken in error, the bet will be cancelled
- 1.17 Mkekabet does not accept responsibility for damages or losses deemed or alleged to have resulted from or been caused by the website or its content including without limitation, delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, loss or corruption of data, communication or line failure, any person's misuse of the site or its content, or any errors or omissions in content.
- 1.18 The minimum amount for a bet is Tzs 200 unless otherwise stated on the website.
- 1.19 Mkekabet reserves the right to change odds and information displayed on the website at any time and without notice. Mkekabet will take reasonable care to ensure accuracy of this information but information is presented as a guide only. Prices displayed on the website are indicative only and are not binding until a bet has been confirmed by us. In the event of any particular information (score, time of game etc) being incorrect we assume no liability for this. Please refer to our betting rules for information on how we settle individual markets.
- 1.20 The website will at all time show records of recent bets placed, results and account activity. We recommend that the Player keep independent records of all of the transaction information, games rules, cancellation rules, and payment methods in order to avoid any future misunderstandings
- 1.21 The Customer will be able to play immediately after any deposit transaction has been confirmed.
- 1.22 When an event is cancelled, all bets referring will be cancelled automatically and the related accounts will be refunded.
- 1.23 All Customer offers are limited to one per person, family, household address, email address, telephone number and shared computer, e.g. public library or workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw the availability of any offer or all offers to any Customer or group of Customers.
- 1.24 In case of a bonus manipulation or abuse of any kind, Mkekabet reserves the right to deduct the bonus and the winning associated to the bonus from the Customer's account.
- 1.25 Mkekabet considers these rules to be fair. Should you need any advice regarding these rules, please contact Customer Services.
- 1.26 Any customer who wishes to make a formal complaint about our services should first contact our Customer Services department using the contact us form on the website or in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as quickly as possible and in all cases we strive to ensure that all customers are responded to within 48 hours. Our response will include the name of the person who will be handling your complaint and a full record of the correspondence will be tracked, including our operator login credentials who has provided any response to you. If you do not believe our resolution to your complaint to be fair and transparent then you are free to request for the complaint to be escalated to a member of our Senior Management team who will personally review your complaint and make a final decision. If you remain dissatisfied we may agree with you to refer the matter to an independent third body for arbitration, such as the Gaming Board of Tanzania whose decision will be final. No dispute regarding any bet or transaction will result in litigation, court action or objection to a bookmaker's license or permit unless Mkekabet fails to implement the decision given by arbitration. If, notwithstanding the above, the customer issues Court proceedings, Mkekabet reserve the right to apply to stay those proceedings pending determination by an independent body. If the customer fails or refuses to follow the ruling of an agreed independent body, the customer will reimburse all resulting expenses (including court fees) incurred by Mkekabet. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Tanzania regardless of the player's country of domicile. You irrevocably agree that the courts of Tanzania shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions
- 1.28 Copyright in the information displayed on this website is the property of Satellite Information Services Limited ("SIS") and/or its licensors. This information is intended for personal use only and may not be displayed in public, broadcast or used for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of SIS. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information is accurate, SIS accepts no responsibility for any use made of the information provided on this website and excludes all liability in respect of any loss suffered by any person arising directly or indirectly from use of the information
- 1.29 Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be displayed on your next login to this website prior to these changes taking effect
- 2.1 All bonus offers can be redeemed only once per offer unless it was clearly stated otherwise.
- 2.2 Each bonus offer will have its own "terms and conditions” and Customers should ensure that the terms and conditions associated with each individual bonus offer are read and understood prior to accepting the bonus.
- 2.3 Promotions are subject to change. All management decisions are final.
- 2.4 In the event of an error when attributing a bonus to a Customer account, the company reserves the right to correct such errors by removing any funds that were put into a Customer's account erroneously and by voiding any bets that were placed by these funds.
- 3.1 Minimum withdrawal is Tzs 2000
- 3.2 Mkekabet, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse payment of any withdrawal following a Withdrawal Request.
- 3.3 Withdrawals will be processed to your Mobile Money Service Provider and actual receipt of funds is determined by the service provider
4. Withdrawal Management Fee
- 4.1 Free bets or promotional awards of any kind cannot be withdrawn.
- 4.2 In the event you choose to withdraw funds from your account and have not carried out any financial activity, or if the financial activity on your account equates to a sum of less than 50% of the amount deposited by you, then Mkekabet reserves the right to charge a processing fee of 5% of the requested withdrawal amount with a minimum charge of Tzs 1000
- 4.3 "Financial activity" is defined by the placing of bets anywhere on this website
We realise that for some Customers gambling might become a serious problem and for such Customers we offer a self-exclusion option for a period from six months up to permanent exclusion, as per a Customer's request.
If you wish to self-exclude, please either contact Customer Services specifying the period you wish to be self-excluded for, or choose the "Self-Exclude" option found within your "My Account" section of this website.
If you choose to contact Customer Services, kindly note that only upon a clear "self-exclusion" request will your account be suspended for the agreed time. Otherwise all accounts will be "closed" and can be reopened at any time upon a Customer's request. Please read through our Responsible Gaming guide for more information.
6. Account Closure
- 6.1 We reserve the right to close any customer account and refuse to take bets from any customer. In the event of account closure, the full value of any customer funds will be returned as soon as practical.
- 6.2 If a customer makes threat of violence against any staff member, their betting account will be closed and the matter referred to the police.
- 6.3 Accounts that have not been accessed or have not had a valid betting transaction for a period of 12 months will deemed to be dormant. Dormant accounts will be closed and any funds available on such accounts will be held in a dedicated Company account.
7. Mkekabet Jackpot
- There are two weekly Jackpots accepted on our platform, a weekday and a weekend jackpot. The weekday Jackpot is on Wednesday and Thursday whereas the weekend is on Saturday and Sunday.
- 7.1 Jackpot bets are accepted till the first game in the coupon starts.
- 7.2 To participate in the jackpot games, the player needs to
purchase tickets. Players can purchase tickets on Mobi, SMS, GSM or Web. SMS selections
will be in the format of selecting "Home Win" = 1, 'Draw" = X and "Away Win" = 2. The
value chosen is selected by including *1000 for Tsh 1000. In cases where no value amount
has been selected, the default is that the player has chosen a full value, Tsh 1000
Once the Jackpot selection has been recorded in the Betting platform, the Jackpot selection cannot be cancelled or amended
In order to qualify for the Jackpot, Players need to correctly predict the outcome of 13 designated matches.
In making the selection, Players are required to select the outcome of 16 matches, 13 main matches and 3 alternative match (fall back selection) that will be used to replace up to three of the 13 main matches should that match becomes cancelled, abandoned or postponed by more than 24 hours. The fall back / reserve selection made under selection 14, 15 & 16 at time of placing the jackpot bet will replace the abandoned match first listed on the original jackpot coupon. The alternative (fall back) matches have no bearing on any outcome in the event that none of the 13 main matches are cancelled, abandoned or postponed more than 24 hours.
In the event of a 4th match being postponed or cancelled, the outcome of this match will be determined by a single draw conducted under the authority of the Gaming Board of Tanzania. The decision determined by the Regulatory Authority is final and no correspondence on the determination of the Jackpot outcome will be accepted.
In the event of five or more matches being cancelled or postponed, the complete Jackpot will be deemed void and all stakes refunded to player accounts.
The Results of all matches are based on standard 90 minute betting / outcome. Overtime, Golden Goals, penalty shot outs are not included
The entry cost of a ticket is Tsh 1000
7.3 The prize pools, including Jackpot, Bonus 12/13 , Bonus 11/13 , & Bonus 10/13 will be shared by the number of winners correctly predicting the require outcomes. 9 /13 Correct selections will be awarded a Jackpot tickets to utilised in the next Jackpot ( Free Bet )
The prize pool allocation is as follows
Number Of Games
Free bet to be used on the next Jackpot (1 week validity)
7.4 Any amount in the prize pool that is not won in that week will be carried over to the following Jackpot Game.
7.5 The Jackpot will be resulted within 24 hours of confirmation of the result of all Jackpot matches.
7.6 Jackpot winners agree to their photographs, images and names to be used in Company promotional material.
7.7 Rain Digital reserves the right to pay any jackpot by means of bank transfer or cheque.
7. Cash Out Promotion
- 7.1 Cash Out is available on a wide variety of markets. However, Mkekabet has the right to remove some games or competitions or sports from the Cash Out offer at any time without prior notice.
- 7.2 A time delay in accepting a Cash Out request is in place. If a price changes or a market suspends then the Cash Out of the original amount request may not be successful.
- 7.3 If the Cash Out request is successful, this will be displayed and the bet will be settled immediately. The actual final result of the related market will have no impact on the Cash Out amount.
- 7.4 The Cash Out amount offered at any time is the total amount that will be returned to your account if successful.
- 7.5 Where we have reason to believe that a Cash Out is carried out after the outcome of an event is known, we reserve the right to void the original bet that was Cashed Out.
- 7.6 Any bets that are settled in full or part using Cash Out will not count towards the turnover requirement of any offer.
- 7.7 Bets placed with Bonus Funds cannot be cashed out.
- 7.8 Mkekabet cannot guarantee that the Cash Out feature will be available on your bet selection.
- 7.9 Mkekabet will not be responsible if the Cash Out feature is not available for technical reasons and bets will stand as originally placed during any such period.
- 7.10 Mkekabet reserves the right to accept or decline any bet/wager requested for any sport, competition, market or bet type that is included in the Cash Out feature.
- 7.11 Mkekabet reserves the right to amend, suspend or remove the Cash Out feature at any time for any event, fixture or market. Any bets placed on such events, fixtures or markets will stand as originally placed.
- 7.12 Mkekabet reserves the right to reverse the settlement of a Cash Out if the bet or a market is settled in error.
8. Marketing Communications
From time to time, we will be sending our clients promotional and informational messages. We will also be sending promotional messages to potential clients who visit or interact with our products. These products include but are not limited to website, app, ussd, advertisements, paybill number and sms short code.