Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions govern the way we do business, how we take and settle bets, and identify what you can expect from Rain Digital (T) Ltd, P.O.Box 32513, Dar Es Salaam (hereafter referred to as Mkekabet).
- 1.1The Law prohibits betting by persons under age of 18 and we may at any time ask you to confirm your age. Underage clients will have their accounts closed immediately and any balances forfeited. We may also suspend ANY account for any reason and ask you to come with Passport/ID to one of our offices or agents to prove age, and identity. Individuals suspecting underage gambling are encouraged to report this to us immediately on our customer service number +255 758 606 197 (Vodacom), +255 676 260 553 (Tigo) or via email to email@example.com
- 1.2Your Tanzanian mobile phone number (+255) is your Customer identity. We use mobile phone numbers to uniquely identify customers and their account details. The Customer has sole responsibility to ensure that their security details remain confidential. Any transactions that have been placed by a user who is securely logged into the Customer's account will be the Customer's responsibility. If transactions are made via your phone by someone who is not the registered user, the registered user will remain liable for their transactions. We cannot do account transactions for accounts which are not identical to the phone number. This means that you cannot ask to be paid out on a different number other than the number you have placed a bet with and you cannot send money to us and request that this is placed in a different account.
- 1.3 Bets cannot be cancelled or changed once the bet has been recorded within our betting platform.
- 1.4Mkekabet accepts bets made online, Mobi or SMS which for clarity includes the use of iphone, Android applications and early generation GSM phones. Bets are not accepted in any other form (telephone, email, fax, in person, etc.) and any bets received in these forms will be null and void.
- 1.5 Mkekabet cannot be held responsible for any delay or non-delivery of SMS communications through the Mobile Operator Networks.
- 1.6 Mkekabet reserves the right to refuse/cancel any bet or part of a bet before the game starts without providing any justification. Mkekabet also reserves the right to refuse/cancel any bet or part of a bet that is placed while a game is in progress if there is sufficient evidence that the Customer was placing a bet with prior knowledge of an event that would affect the accurate pricing of a market – for example, betting on the first-to-score market while the first goal is being scored
- 1.7 Mkekabet reserves the right to void any or all bets that have been made by any person or group of persons who are acting in an attempt to defraud us. If there is any evidence of a series of bets, each containing the same selection having been placed by or for the same individual or syndicate of individuals, Mkekabet reserves the right to make such bets void and suspend relevant accounts. This rule applies to both settled and unsettled bets.
- 1.8 Mkekabet reserves the right to void any bet that may have been accepted when the account did not have sufficient funds to cover the bet. If an account has insufficient funds as a result of a deposit that has been cancelled for whatever reason,Mkekabet reserves the right to cancel any bet that may have been accepted retroactively, and void any winnings paid to the Customer from those bets.
- 1.9Should funds be credited to a Customer's account in error, it is the Customer's responsibility to notify Mkekabet of the error without delay. Any winnings subsequent to the error shall be deemed invalid and returned to Mkekabet. Mkekabet has the right to revert the transaction.
- 1.10 Mkekabet reserves the right to suspend or close Customer's accounts and void all settled and unsettled bets in the event that a Customer opens more than one account.
- 1.11 Bets will only be accepted up to the advertised start time. Any bet that is inadvertently accepted, which includes an event after its start time, the bet will be cancelled. If any portion of a multiple bet is inadvertently accepted then all parts of that multiple bet will be cancelled.
- 1.12Multiple bets that combine different selections within the same event are not accepted where the outcome of one affects or is affected by the other. If such a bet is taken in error, the bet will be cancelled
- 1.13Mkekabet does not accept responsibility for damages or losses deemed or alleged to have resulted from or been caused by the website or its content including without limitation, delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, loss or corruption of data, communication or line failure, any person's misuse of the site or its content, or any errors or omissions in content.
- 1.14 The minimum amount for a bet is Tzs 200 unless otherwise stated on the website.
- 1.15 Mkekabet reserves the right to change odds and information displayed on the website at any time and without notice. Mkekabet will take reasonable care to ensure accuracy of this information but information is presented as a guide only. Prices displayed on the website are indicative only and are not binding until a bet has been confirmed by us. In the event of any particular information (score, time of game etc) being incorrect we assume no liability for this. Please refer to our betting rules for information on how we settle individual markets.
- 1.16 The website will at all time show records of recent bets placed, results and account activity. We recommend that the Player keep independent records of all of the transaction information, games rules, cancellation rules, and payment methods in order to avoid any future misunderstandings
- 1.17 The Customer will be able to play immediately after any deposit transaction has been confirmed.
- 1.18 When an event is cancelled, all bets referring will be cancelled automatically and the related accounts will be refunded.
- 1.19 All Customer offers are limited to one per person, family, household address, email address, telephone number and shared computer, e.g. public library or workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw the availability of any offer or all offers to any Customer or group of Customers.
- 1.20 In case of a bonus manipulation or abuse of any kind, Mkekabet reserves the right to deduct the bonus and the winning associated to the bonus from the Customer's account.
- 1.21 Mkekabet considers these rules to be fair. Should you need any advice regarding these rules, please contact Customer Services.
- 1.22 Any customer who wishes to make a formal complaint about our services should first contact our Customer Services department using the contact us form on the website or in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as quickly as possible and in all cases we strive to ensure that all customers are responded to within 48 hours. Our response will include the name of the person who will be handling your complaint and a full record of the correspondence will be tracked, including our operator login credentials who has provided any response to you. If you do not believe our resolution to your complaint to be fair and transparent then you are free to request for the complaint to be escalated to a member of our Senior Management team who will personally review your complaint and make a final decision. If you remain dissatisfied we may agree with you to refer the matter to an independent third body for arbitration, such as the Gaming Board of Tanzania whose decision will be final. No dispute regarding any bet or transaction will result in litigation, court action or objection to a bookmaker's license or permit unless Mkekabet fails to implement the decision given by arbitration. If, notwithstanding the above, the customer issues Court proceedings, Mkekabet reserve the right to apply to stay those proceedings pending determination by an independent body. If the customer fails or refuses to follow the ruling of an agreed independent body, the customer will reimburse all resulting expenses (including court fees) incurred by Mkekabet. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Tanzania regardless of the player's country of domicile. You irrevocably agree that the courts of Tanzania shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions
- 1.24Copyright in the information displayed on this website is the property of Satellite Information Services Limited ("SIS") and/or its licensors. This information is intended for personal use only and may not be displayed in public, broadcast or used for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of SIS. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information is accurate, SIS accepts no responsibility for any use made of the information provided on this website and excludes all liability in respect of any loss suffered by any person arising directly or indirectly from use of the information
- 1.25 Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be displayed on your next login to this website prior to these changes taking effect
- 2.1 All bonus offers can be redeemed only once per offer unless it was clearly stated otherwise.
- 2.2 Each bonus offer will have its own "terms and conditions” and Customers should ensure that the terms and conditions associated with each individual bonus offer are read and understood prior to accepting the bonus.
- 2.3 Promotions are subject to change. All management decisions are final.
- 2.4 In the event of an error when attributing a bonus to a Customer account, the company reserves the right to correct such errors by removing any funds that were put into a Customer's account erroneously and by voiding any bets that were placed by these funds.
- 3.1Minimum withdrawal is Tzs 2000
- 3.2 Mkekabet, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse payment of any withdrawal following a Withdrawal Request.
- 3.3 Withdrawals will be processed to your Mobile Money Service Provider and actual receipt of funds is determined by the service provider
4. 4. Withdrawal Management Fee
- 4.1 Free bets or promotional awards of any kind cannot be withdrawn.
- 4.2 In the event you choose to withdraw funds from your account and have not carried out any financial activity, or if the financial activity on your account equates to a sum of less than 50% of the amount deposited by you, then Mkekabet reserves the right to charge a processing fee of 5% of the requested withdrawal amount with a minimum charge of Tzs 1000
- 4.3 "Financial activity" is defined by the placing of bets anywhere on this website
We realise that for some Customers gambling might become a serious problem and for such Customers we offer a self-exclusion option for a period from six months up to permanent exclusion, as per a Customer's request.
If you wish to self-exclude, please either contact Customer Services specifying the period you wish to be self-excluded for, or choose the "Self-Exclude" option found within your "My Account" section of this website.
If you choose to contact Customer Services, kindly note that only upon a clear "self-exclusion" request will your account be suspended for the agreed time. Otherwise all accounts will be "closed" and can be reopened at any time upon a Customer's request. Please read through our Responsible Gaming guide for more information.
6. Account Closure
- 6.1 We reserve the right to close any customer account and refuse to take bets from any customer. In the event of account closure, the full value of any customer funds will be returned as soon as practical.
- 6.2 If a customer makes threat of violence against any staff member, their betting account will be closed and the matter referred to the police.
- 6.3Accounts that have not been accessed or have not had a valid betting transaction for a period of 12 months will deemed to be dormant. Dormant accounts will be closed and any funds available on such accounts will be held in a dedicated Company account.
7. Kilimanjaro Jackpot
- 7.1 The Kilimanjaro Jackpot is a game run through MkekaBet on behalf of Rain Digital Tanzania.
- 7.2 Play is open only to those 18 years and above.
- 7.3 Players must register and deposit before entering the Kilimanjaro Jackpot.
- 7.4 The stake requirement to enter this game is Tsh1,000, with options to pay at Tsh250 and Tsh 500, with prize payments being proportionally adjusted to reflect amounts staked.
- 7.5 Any changes to the terms and conditions of this promotion will be notified to players where they materially affect the carrying out of the game.
- 7.6 All prize money is subject to the amount of tickets sold, notwithstanding any additional funds provided for by the company to enhance, at its’ own discretion, any payout due
- 7.7 To win the Main Jackpot, players must correctly predict the correct score in 8 (eight) games from a prescribed list determined by the company. An additional game, hereafter known as the reserve game, must also be selected in the event of one of the prescribed games being excluded from the Kilimanjaro Jackpot game.
- 7.8 The players must choose one result from 6 home win scores plus any other home win, 2 draw scores plus any other draw or 6 away win scores plus any other away win.
- 7.9 Two prize funds are available, namely the Main Jackpot for correctly predicting all 8 scores from the prescribed list, and a secondary prize (Result Bonus) for correctly predicting the outcome (1X2) of 8 matches from the prescribed list.
- 7.10 Where a reserve game is needed, it will then form part of the 8 prescribed games.
- 7.11 The reserve match will replace the first listed match to be uncompleted
- 7.12 Where one prescribed games is uncompleted and the reserve game is also uncompleted, or two or more prescribed games are uncompleted, a draw to ascertain a result will be conducted by a representative of the Gaming Board of Tanzania to get a score and outcome on the uncompleted game(s) from the available score options offered at the time of purchasing a ticket.
- 7.13 Where 4 or more games are uncompleted, the Jackpot will be cancelled for that week and all stakes returned to the players.
- 7.14 Players must select a score on all 8 games on the prescribed list and on the reserve game for the entry in to the Kilimanjaro Jackpot to be considered valid.
- 7.15 All scores predicted will be based on the final score at the end of 90 minutes of play, as well as any additional time added by the referee. Extra time and penalties do not count.
- 7.16 Any game from the prescribed 8 games which is unable to complete will be replaced by the reserve game.
- 7.17 An uncompleted game is one which is postponed, cancelled or abandoned. If the fixture is re-arranged it will still be deemed incomplete and the first reserve game will be used for the purposes of the Kilimanjaro Jackpot, irrespective of the re-arranged date or time, provided that the delay is more than 24 hours. Where the game is played within 24 hours of the original advertised time, that game will still stand.
- 7.18Games which are the subject of investigation by recognized football or legal authorities or the final result is subject to dispute, may be removed from the prescribed list at the discretion of the company. This also applies where the company is aware of unusual betting patterns. The reserve game will then be used in place of the disputed game. Where this involves two or more games, then rule 12 will apply in the normal way.
- 7.19 Any game may be removed from the prescribed games or the reserve game by the company for any reason whatsoever, notwithstanding the company acting in good faith at all times in the interests of both the company and/or the customer. The reserve game will then replace the removed game. In the case of two or more games, then rule 12 will be invoked.
- 7.20 Where all 8 prescribed games take place, the reserve game is discounted.
- 7.21 Mkekabet will seek criminal sanctions against any customer involved in fraud, dishonesty or criminal acts. Mkekabet will withhold payment to any customer where any of these are suspected.
- 7.22 The customer shall indemnify and shall be liable to pay to Mkekabet, on demand, all costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by Mkekabet (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit and loss of reputation) arising directly or indirectly from the customer’s fraud, dishonesty or criminal act.
- 7.23 In the event of a dispute, please contact the Customer Care team. If they fail to resolve the issue, the complaint should be given, in writing, to email@example.com where senior management will respond within 72 hours.
- 7.24 Where a dispute cannot be resolved, with the agreement of Mkekabet, this may go to arbitration with a third party, such as the Gaming Board of Tanzania. This decision will be considered final. No dispute regarding any bet or transaction will result in litigation, court action or objection to a bookmaker's license or permit unless Mkekabet fails to implement the decision given by arbitration.
- 7.25 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Tanzania regardless of the player's country of domicile. You irrevocably agree that the courts of Tanzania shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, or in connection with, these Terms and Conditions.
- 7.26 Jackpot winners agree to their photographs, images and names to be used in Company promotional material.